1/16 Scale Electric Violin – EPV R2 by mccand
This set of instruments is my third attempt at electric violin design – the first is a [1/2 scale model](http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:430479) for my daughter. The second was a [1/16 scale model](http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:457018) for my son.
As with the last design, this violin’s roots can be found in the excellent [FFFiddle by David Perry](http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:219040)
##A full range of EPV sizes are available:
* See the instructions document for detailed build instructions.
* Split versions of large parts are included for use on smaller printers.
* I printed all parts with raft, 15% infill, 4 shells.
* The fingerboard should be printed without support since it is difficult to remove from the long holes in the part. (If you do want to print this with support, you can use a piece of music wire with a bend in the end and a drill to clean it out.)
* I used ABS, but any stiff polymer should be acceptable.
##Additional components required:
* [Schaller M6 Mini tuners (3+3)](http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Guitar_and_Solid_Peghead/Schaller_Tuners/Schaller_M-6_Mini_3and3_Guitar_Machines.html)
* [K&K sound “Twin spot” piezoelectric pickup](http://jacksmusicstore.com/catalog/guitar/pickups/kksound/pickups/ftd-pku-knk-pku-b~twinspoti)
* 1/4″ rod or tube (tube is preferred – rod will need to have a hole drilled in it)
* Violin strings
* 20″ of music wire (0.025″ – 0.035″ diameter – alternatively, a ball-end violin string can be used)
* Hacksaw – use this to put a slot in the end of the tube that will catch the knot in the end of the music wire
* Small Phillips Screwdriver – for driving tuner screws
* A variety of grits of sandpaper – used to smooth the surface of the fingerboard. A small amount of the appropriate solvent helps too.
* 10 mm wrench – for tightening the tuner banjo nuts.
* A triangular or knife-edge file – for making notches in the bridge and nut for strings. With care, a sharp knife can be used for this.
* Appropriate tools for cleaning support material from prints
|EPV_1-16_Bridge_R2.STL||Time: 0h 20m 38s||Filament used: 0.28243m|
|EPV_1-16_Plug_R2.STL||Time: 0h 16m 9s||Filament used: 0.116662m|
|EPV_1-16_Fingerboard_R2.STL||Time: 5h 48m 22s||Filament used: 5.05243m|
|EPV_1-16_Body_R2.STL||Time: 14h 57m 38s||Filament used: 13.6109m|
Click here to learn more about printing through Lagoon.