Prometheus hot-end mount for Rostock max and Orion delta printer. E3d version included. by doodaddoes
Based on suggestions here are a few changes.
– There’s now 2 versions of the top plate. One for the Prometheus (4.8mm thick) head and one for the e3d (3.8mm thick)
– J plate zero. This has no standoff built in at all – perfect if you have your own standoffs.
– J plate 4mm. This is the maximum printed standoff you can use with your stock aluminium standoffs and machine screws. It’s perfect for using the Prometheus with shorter head configurations (52-58mm)
– J plate 39mm. This switches to a fully printed standoff of 39mm which is perfect for longer Prometheus configs (58-64mm).
– e3d J plate 43mm. Fits the e3d and fan nicely.
– All designed to work with 4mm machine screws.
**UPDATE TRANSMISSION END**
This mount is designed to fit onto the Rostock Max V1 & V2. It’s a standard J-head mount with hole patterns for the Rostock effector plate.
Since the Prometheus is customizable, just pick the .stl files that are suitable for your needs. 52-58mm for a compact setup and 58-64mm for a longer setup.
I’ve also included an e3d top plate and a J plate with 43mm printed standoffs which lets the head and fan clear the effector plate.
Use a strong infill (perhaps .4) to really give it stiffness.
You may need to ream out the holes after printing in order to get the machine screws to go through the holes.
|Prometheus_j_plate_zero_standoff.STL||Time: 0h 37m 19s||Filament used: 0.547377m|
|Prometheus_j_plate_4mm_standoff.STL||Time: 0h 46m 38s||Filament used: 0.636364m|
|e3d_j_plate_43mm_standoff.STL||Time: 2h 16m 18s||Filament used: 1.51049m|
|Prometheus_j_plate_39mm_standoff.STL||Time: 2h 7m 2s||Filament used: 1.42091m|
|e3d_top_plate.STL||Time: 0h 46m 37s||Filament used: 0.656406m|
|Prometheus_top_plate.STL||Time: 0h 54m 53s||Filament used: 0.76554m|
Click here to learn more about printing through Lagoon.